Melt Your Earwax (pt. 3)
– I absolutely cannot wait for the Raekwon/Method Man album to drop, if tracks like this are any indication.
– Speaking of which, Raekwon, man…for me, personally, he’s really worked his way back into “Top 5 MC’s in the game” status, really ever since “Only Built For Cuban Linx 2” dropped. “Happy New Year!” is just one example, but it’s a fantastic one.
– OK, so – a few disclaimers. First, this links to a video of the new Massive Attack single “Paradise Circus” ft. Hope Sandoval, not an mp3 link, since their new album Heligoland doesn’t come out until February 9. Second, that video AND the clip are pretty NSFW, both because of the audio of an old woman talking about her career as a porn star and because the accompanying video pretty explicitly shows what she’s talking about. If you can get past that, though, it will get you pretty hyped for MA’s newest work.
– You know, in the last few years, it seems like Australian soul bands have started to pop up left and right, and a lot of them are actually pretty good, one example being this collaboration between Cookin’ With 3 Burners and Kylie Auldist, a couple of groups I definitely plan on keeping an eye on.
– I don’t care who you – everyone loves Sade. Period. And it’s not like you don’t know what you’re getting from her with her new song “Soldier of Love“; she’s been doing the same type of stuff for 20 years know. It’s just a great formula.
– I know what you’re thinking: a remix of the intro song from Mega Man 3? But just give it a chance, and I swear you’ll at least enjoy it. And if you’re like me and you actually remember the original song? You’ll be blown away. Here: