> Random links
> I Love The Internet (pt. 13)
I Love The Internet (pt. 13)
– Personas turns your average vanity search into a work of art, if one that will only last as long as your internet status will allow it. Is it useful? Not even a little bit. But I thought it was kinda cool, and sometimes I’m lazy enough that that’s all it takes.
– I have absolutely no idea what anime or manga or whatever is being referenced here, but I will say this…I’m a fan.
– Twice! Twice in two weks that there’s an incredible archeological discovery that, I will admit, I’m jealous of. Last week we had the lost Egyptian underworld; this week, it’s the remains of an advanced civilization on the bottom of a dried-up lake. At this rate, I’m betting the over/under for the discovery of the Holy Grail at 2012.
– I know that for most of you, when you see a title like “Cannabinoids Inhibit the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Pahtways in Gliomas“, your first tendency is to say “pass”, but you need to read this, because this is the science behind scientists starting to say things like, “It’s becoming more and more apparent that a potential cure for cancer may be found in cannabis.”
– Gaby Espino. Jesus. One day I will go to South America, if just to drool in person at the apparent multitudes of painfully gorgeous creatures that wander the streets.
– Oh, hell yes – Soul Train has a Youtube channel. Prepare to get lost in some of the tightest shit you’ll hear all day.
– OK, I know most of you reading this have already heard of the KFC Double Down, but it’s such a ridiculous premise that it deserves mentioning again. Seriously? A chicken sandwich that uses chicken instead of bread? I know it’s been said, but this one of the reasons why the rest of the world really fucking hates us. Behold the leviathan:
– “Black Swan” is officially the best movie of the year. Or next year, or whenever the hell it comes out, I’m not really sure. Why? Six words – Natalie Portman. Mila Kunis. Lesbian sex. That is, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis have lesbian sex. As in, “ecstasy-induced hungry aggressive angry lesbian sex.” I don’t even have anything clever to add to that.
– A short and sweet picture showing why solar power is truly one of the most viable green energy sources of the immediate future.
– When you’re swimming on the edge of a waterfall, in an area called The Devil’s Pool, that’s when you know you’re a badass.
– You know, I just automatically assumed that Nicole Scherzinger was the hottest chick in that godawful mess known as the Pussycat Dolls, but Ashley Roberts…I’m not sure if she’s got the crown, but she’s damn close.
– Bioluminescent biological billboards, glow-worm tunnels and giant swarms of lightning bugs that act in place of streetlights – welcome to a future where we control life in order to conduct our business.
– You know how you know when you’ve arrived? When you mention weed in a song during a concert and people give you giant trees (around the 3:00 mark):