Melt Your Earwax pt. 2
– It’s been a while since I paid attention to a DJ Green Lantern mix, but this Jay-Z/Birdman/Lil’ Wayne mash-up is pretty sick.
– For the entire summer, the theme’s been “another week, another hot Drake single”, but this? Drake with Kanye West, Lil’ Wayne & Eminem? Believe it – this is gonna be the last “big hit” of the summer. I’d be shocked if it didn’t dominate the airwaves for the next couple of months.
– I’m not the world’s biggest Jay-Z fan by any means, but I can’t deny that he’s got skills, and he shows it on the breezy “Venus v. Mars“, lightly rapping over a dark, minimal Timbaland beat.
– I like Canibus and I like Keith Murray, so, for me at least, “Show and Prove” featuring the duo (calling themselves The Undergodz now; whatever) is a perfect match.
– Oh man, this Freddie Gibbs joint “County Bounce” is so, so smooth. It’s got that perfect riding/smokin’ vibe, and it just sits in that groove so effortlessly…fantastic song for the end of summer.
– Besides being hilariously named, The Big Pink apparently also make synth-heavy songs that seem perfectly designed for some sort of jogging playlist, as seen on “Dominos” (right-click on the link).
– OK – let me just say, that when I first found “My Aura” by G-Side (ft. PT of Untamed), I was completely prepared to make fun of it. But I’ll be honest – it’s actually grown on me. Don’t ask me why – I couldn’t begin to explain it if I tried. But what really sealed it for me? The video:
That. Is. HILARIOUS.