Melt Your Earwax
OK, this is pretty much an experimental post, but I spend so much time on the Internet that I find a lot of brand-new free music that I like, so I figured I’d put together a list of links to whatever’s inspiring me at the moment. Here goes:
– “Protagonists“, a brand new track by Felt (aka Murs and Slug), who’ve got a new tribute album coming out in the future.
– Until Raekwon finally drops Only Built For Cuban Linx 2, fellow Wu-Gambinos can whet their appetite with the increasingly serious mixtapes Rae’s been putting out, like Cuban Revolution.
– One of my favorite underground rapper/producers, Black Milk, dropped a short-but-sweet joint, “In The A.M.”
– I’d never heard of Volcano Choir until recently stumbling on them, but if the rest of their upcoming album Unmap is as good as “Island, IS” then sign me up.
– “The Pleasures of the World“, by The Crayon Fields. Very smooth and mellow – nice for having a smoke while driving.
– Man, the more I hear Drake, the more I like what he’s spitting. This new mixtape, “The Drought is Over: Friends With Money“? Sick. I’m especially feeling “Good Night, Good Luck”, with that nasty Van Halen sample loop.
– Another underground hip-hop group (starting to sense a trend?), Kidz In The Hall are still keeping it hot after their fantastic album The In Crowd with the first single off Land of Make Believe, “Flickin’“.
– A fantastic debut(?) album from songstress Laura Izibor, Let The Truth Be Told gets better and better each time I listen to it (Warning: it’s a torrent download).
– A good place to stop, “You Stop My Heart” by Melanie Fiona has an old-school doo-wop vibe that mixes really nicely with these hot summer days.
Since this is my first post, that’s all I got, but if this turns out to have a little popularity, maybe I’ll do some more posts in the future…